Made It

Ulli Uncategorized 1 Comment

I finally made it over the big water hazard and arrived safely in Germany. As usual, jet lag will be my companion for a few days, and the 9-hour time difference is challenging at times when trying to get things done. So bear with me, if my email responses are a day late. Reader Leon had a follow up comment …

No Post

Ulli Uncategorized Contact

Due to my travels to Germany, there will be no post today. I expect to be back on line by Tuesday.

Sunday Musings: Portfolio Anxiety

Ulli Uncategorized 3 Comments

Just about every week, I receive reader requests to comment on their current portfolio holdings. The latest came from Martin, who had this to say: I would be appreciative if you could make any recommendations or comments on my portfolio, as follows: I am a retiree with these vanguard funds: International growth-5%, Primecap core-21%, small cap growth-5%, wellington-3%, mid-growth-2%, small …

Sell Stops For Hedges

Ulli Uncategorized 3 Comments

Reader comments are an important component of my daily blog posts. They add valuable information to the topic discussed and many times lead to more posts on related issues. Some readers prefer to comment anonymously, which I don’t have a problem with unless this privilege is abused. This happened a few days ago when one reader addressed an issue in …

No Load Fund/ETF Tracker updated through 10/8/2009

Ulli Uncategorized Contact

My latest No Load Fund/ETF Tracker has been posted at: major indexes recouped two weeks of losses as the Bull run continued. Our Trend Tracking Index (TTI) for domestic funds/ETFs has now crossed its trend line (red) to the upside by +8.81% keeping the current buy signal intact. The effective date was June 3, 2009. The international index has now …

Exiting The Market: Sell Stop Vs. Trend Line Break

Ulli Uncategorized 2 Comments

Reader Tom had the following question in regards to exiting the market: I had some time to kill so I did a spread sheet on my brokerage results and found something interesting that raised a question. Assuming the TTI tells us to hold, but we have a trailing 7 percent Stop Loss set…..would we be better off holding until the …